2023 Subaru Outback Towing Capacity
Ready for more adventuring and outdoor escapades to complement your daily commutes and weekly errands? Consider a 2023 Subaru Outback as your next new vehicle to put in your garage.
The2023 Subaru Outbackhas a maximum towing capacity of 3,500 pounds when properly equipped* for your adventures in and around Altoona and Tyrone. Learn more about the Outback towing specs, engine options, and towing-friendly features built just for you from the friendly team at Stuckey Subaru.
How Much Can a Subaru Outback Tow?
There are two SUBARU BOXER® engine options for the 2023 Subaru Outback. Each engine affects the model’s towing capacity. However, every configuration gives you standard all-wheel drive, a Lineartronic® CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), traction control, and more.
2.5L SUBARU BOXER® 4-Cylinder Engine
- 2,700-Pound Towing Capacity
- Standard on the Outback base trim, Outback Premium, Outback Limited, and Outback Touring
- 182 hp and 176 lb-ft of torque
- 33/26 city/highway mpg EPA-estimated fuel economy
2.4L Turbocharged SUBARU BOXER® 4-cylinder Engine
- 3,500-Pound Towing Capacity
- Standard on the Outback Onyx Edition XT, Outback Limited XT, Outback Touring XT
- 260 hp and 277 lb-ft of torque
- 30/23 city/highway mpg EPA-estimated fuel economy
2023 Subaru Outback Towing Accessories
We think you’ll get the most out of your 2023 Subaru Outback with these towing accessories:
- Trailer Hitch: 270-pound tongue weight and 2,700-pound towing capacity for the 2.5L engine, 350-pound tongue weight and 3,500-pound towing capacity for the 2.4L turbocharged engine
- Ball Mount: For when the ball mount needs to be replaced but the hitch casing is still working
- Trailer Hitch Cap: Rubberized exterior-grade plastic with a UV-resistance polyurethane Subaru logo
2023 Subaru Outback Features for Better Towing
The 2023 Subaru Outback was designed with adventures and durability in mind. That’s why it’s equipped with a wide range of performance features, safety features, and technologies to make towing easier and effortless on Bellwood roads:
- Standard Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive: You’ll get an even distribution of power for maximum traction among all four wheels, optimum stability, and efficiency. It also quickly adapts to driving conditions you may face on Claysburg roads.
- Standard X-MODE®: This incorporates Hill Descent Control and the Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive system for stability on rough or steep terrain.
- Standard Control Systems: Vehicle Dynamics Control, Traction Control System, and the Brake Override System are there to keep your vehicle on the road.
- Standard Subaru EyeSight®: This safety suite includes Adaptive Cruise Control, Pre-Collision Braking, Lane Departure, and Sway Warning
- Cargo Solutions: With 75.5 cubic feet maximum cargo volume (32.5 cubic feet with the seats upright), roof rails with integrated crossbars, and foldaway cargo carriers, you’ll optimize your cargo hauling.
- Available Driver Assistance: Blind Spot Detection, Lane Change Assist, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, and Reverse Automatic Braking gives you additional peace of mind with easy maneuvering on any road or highway.
- Ring-shaped reinforcement frame: The Outback frame helps provide strength when towing heavy loads from one spot to another.
Test Drive a New 2023 Subaru Outback Today!
Feel free to peruse our new vehicle inventory to find a Subaru Outback for sale that has all the features and capabilities you want for your daily drives, weekly errands, and weekend getaways to the Poconos or Catskills. Then, contact usor call (814) 695-9862 to schedule a test drive to sit behind the wheel of this beautiful SUV.
*Maximum towing capacity varies by trim level. Trailer brakes may be needed. See your retailer for details.
More from Stuckey Subaru
Looking for an all-electric vehicle with standard all-wheel drive? The new Subaru Solterra matches what you’re searching for. Not to mention its impressive range is ideal, whether you have range anxiety or want to be able to commute far on one charge. So what’s the range of the Subaru Solterra? The 2023 Solterra range goes…
Ranging from 2,700 pounds to 3,500 pounds*, the 2024 Subaru Outback towing capacity will inspire you to plan more outdoor adventures when life in Altoona is a bit too hectic. Before you dive right into buying a 2024 Subaru Outback tow hitch, you need to know just how much your new Outback can tow, which…
Subaru has long been celebrated for its exceptional blend of powerful performance and luxurious interior comfort, and the 2023 Subaru Outback is no exception. With its remarkable capability to conquer diverse terrains, this SUV is an adventurer’s dream. Adding to its allure are the contemporary and captivating exterior and interior colors that truly make a…